The never ending chat thread, chat about anything That your up too

Thinking this is Canys song 👍
IMG_5637.webp
 
Lucky you. I played "Beat the swirling vortex of failure" that circles my life and lost another round.

Trying to fix my aunt's Snapper mower with the broken clutch cable which is inevitably obsolete. I end up repurposing a similar cable and making some parts to replace the swaged-on ends. I finally put it all together and there's a strap to secure one end that was riveted to the deck. I had figured on replacing the rivets with nuts and bolts. Investigation reveals that there is insufficient clearance for anything but a rivet. I have not been able to find my rivet tool for a decade, and there is no reasonable explanation for its absence other than "It's the aliens."

A friend offers to loan me his. So I jackass all over Long Island to borrow it and now I have to buy rivets too, because I can't find those either.

Long story short, (I know... Too late) it doesn't have the correct nosepiece and I'm back to square one. MAC Tools no longer supports the tool, otherwise I'd chase a truck down and order the pieces he, and I need

I know,... Harbor Freight sells things and I should just bite the rivet and buy another tool.

Why can't anything just work? Pop-rivets are the lowest form of mechanical fastening outside of bailing wire. But here we are..... :rolleyes:
 

Latest posts

Latest posts

Fishing Reports

Latest articles

Latest posts

Back
Top