Whats going on in the World

Avenger

Well-Known Angler
THATS NOT the LEFT...IT'S THE FRINGE LUNATIC LEFT.....Just like the right has their fringe lunatics.....and if you can be pushed to mass murder over that you got other issues...his issue was the rise of minorities taking over as the majority, some people are so low on the totem pole and totally worthless POS they can't live with the thought that even "colored" folk are better than them.

Right on cue with the character assassination. I'm surprised it took you so long.

Where were all you supposed moderates when denouncing the radical leftists might have impressed somebody with the notion that the wacko agenda didn't have that much support? You, the news media, and big tech fueled this. Nice work.

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
Right on cue with the character assassination. I'm surprised it took you so long.

Where were all you supposed moderates when denouncing the radical leftists might have impressed somebody with the notion that the wacko agenda didn't have that much support? You, the news media, and big tech fueled this. Nice work.
no that guy is responsible for his actions......left nuts are responsible for theirs.....news media and big tech ur ass!!

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
AND WE GOT ANOTHER!

1 killed, 4 ‘critically wounded’ in Orange County church shooting, sheriff says​

by: Travis Schlepp
Posted: May 15, 2022 / 02:16 PM PDT
Updated: May 15, 2022 / 03:35 PM PDT

• Sad
Reactions: Chevy1

Avenger

Well-Known Angler
no that guy is responsible for his actions......left nuts are responsible for theirs.....news media and big tech ur ass!!

Well, well, well,... individual accountability. What a right wing concept. 'Bout time you came around.

Strangely I only see it when it's white people committing the crimes. When people of color do it you blame systemic racism or whatever other leftist buzzphrase is circulating this week.

You don't get it both ways.

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
wsj.com
WASHINGTON—Federal revenue almost doubled in April compared with a year earlier, reaching a record and driving a monthly government surplus of $308 billion, which Treasury officials said also set a record for the largest monthly surplus.

Government revenue from taxes and other receipts for the month rose by 97% from a year earlier to $864 billion, not adjusting for calendar differences, the Treasury Department reported Wednesday. Federal outlays in April fell by 16% to $555 billion, the Treasury said, reflecting a decline in pandemic-related spending.

Still, the federal government spent 32% more on servicing its debt in April compared with a year earlier as persistently high inflation pushed borrowing costs higher.

Higher tax receipts reflect strong job growth and a broader economic recovery since a brief recession in 2020 that has fueled wage increases in recent years. Meanwhile, government spending declined as much of the trillions in pandemic aid receded from the economy.

April’s $308 billion surplus was the largest recorded in a single month on record, Treasury officials said. Surplus and deficit amounts aren’t inflation adjusted. It is only the second monthly surplus recorded since 2019.

Historically, it is common for the government to record a surplus in April, the month when many Americans pay their tax bills, but the government delayed the deadline for tax payments in 2020 and 2021 to later in the year. The second-highest level of monthly government revenue came in July 2020, when tax filings were due and government receipts came in at $564 billion, according to Treasury officials.

The combination of lower spending and higher revenue has led to a precipitous drop in the deficit from its pandemic-fueled highs, a trend that the White House has repeatedly touted. Over the course of the first seven months of this fiscal year, the deficit has dropped by roughly $1.5 trillion as compared with the same period last year.

The nearly $3 trillion in revenue the government has brought in so far this fiscal year is also a record, according to Treasury officials.

In a speech Tuesday, President Biden said that the decline in the deficit could help ease inflation, which ran at an 8.3% annual rate in April as measured by the consumer-price index.

“The deficit has gone down both years I’ve been here. That is not an abstraction. It matters. It matters to families, because reducing the deficit is one of the main ways we can ease inflationary pressures,” he said.

U.S. federal deficit, 12-month rolling sum
Source: Treasury Department
'17
'18
'19
'20
'21
'22
trillion
Republicans, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), have blamed Mr. Biden and Democrats’ policies for helping fuel inflation. That includes passing a roughly $2 trillion pandemic-aid package early last year in a party-line vote.

While economists say that the impact of reducing the deficit on inflation depends on how policy makers reduce the deficit, the impact of inflation on government borrowing has been more straightforward: It is becoming more expensive. As the Federal Reserve raises rates and reduces its holdings of Treasurys in a bid to bring down inflation, the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury has hovered around 3%, up from roughly 1.5% in December.

The 32% increase on borrowing costs to $60 billion this April is largely due to the higher cost for inflation-protected Treasurys, according to Treasury officials, with only a small portion of higher borrowing costs this fiscal year due to rising interest rates.

More expensive borrowing costs could challenge a newfound consensus in Washington about deficit-financed government spending. In recent years, policy makers in both parties have largely shrugged off concerns about the deficit as low interest rates kept borrowing costs down, with lawmakers running up the deficit on tax cuts and emergency spending measures.

With the return of high inflation, some lawmakers have started to again oppose large-scale government spending. Sen. Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) has killed many of Democrats’ economic ambitions because of his concerns about exacerbating inflation and widening the deficit.

Anthony DeBarros contributed to this article.

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia

Peter Weber, Senior editor
Mon, May 16, 2022, 12:28 AM

Russia's thwarted attempt to cross the Siverskyi Donets River in northeastern Ukraine last week "is emerging as among the deadliest engagements of the war, with estimates based on publicly available evidence now suggesting that well over 400 Russian soldiers were killed or wounded," The New York Times reports. "And as the scale of what happened comes into sharper focus, the disaster appears to be breaking through the Kremlin's tightly controlled information bubble."

• Love
Reactions: CELLFISH

Avenger

Well-Known Angler
The race to the bottom speeds up......

Yeah, imagine how an unstable person might see this BS getting any kind of traction and think their entire future is at stake.

• Sad
Reactions: jpd

OVERBORED

Well-Known Angler
Jan 6, 2021
Yeah, imagine how an unstable person might see this BS getting any kind of traction and think their entire future is at stake.
I don't understand the use of pronouns and I can't imagine these children know either

YET

Adults feel the need to make examples out of these kids. I find THAT shameful!

Reactions: Avenger and jpd

Rick67

Well-Known Angler
Jan 13, 2019
Smithtown
The race to the bottom speeds up......

I didn’t get it when I first seen this and still don’t. Did they call it “he” instead of “she” or did it really expect to be called “they or them”?

jpd

Staff member
Dec 24, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: Chevy1

Aquarius

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Woodcleft Canal, Freeport, New York

My mom is 98. One kitchen cabinet is still packed with aluminum foil. She didn't do the tea bag thing, but bacon grease still goes in an old soup can. Better for the drain pipes anyway. I still get a really uneasy feeling every time I throw out a piece of aluminum foil. Like, my mom is watching me and knows what I am doing!

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
Good morning. The Buffalo killings are part of a pattern: Most extremist violence in the U.S. comes from the political right.

‘Numbers don’t lie’​

Over the past decade, the Anti-Defamation League has counted about 450 U.S. murders committed by political extremists.​
Of these 450 killings, right-wing extremists committed about 75 percent. Islamic extremists were responsible for about 20 percent, and left-wing extremists were responsible for 4 percent.​
Nearly half of the murders were specifically tied to white supremacists:

The Right’s Violence Problem
Cp_iUjt_Uss_5dLGT3HVc5vrBF2SFncG5m8SvIUdLmVKB1OSqf0awLIPyc-sDl1Rnev879uQMXL6yYCw9gCSLCEyCHz0ESaw0FYX8BE9yTzjfvRoY9G5ao9OoSOX7XpSF4Q6elV2rPtexy9tMwzS89wVCXIIn24DZtbMfkz-hmQWZqeoYac=s0-d-e1-ft

OVERBORED

Well-Known Angler
Jan 6, 2021
Good morning. The Buffalo killings are part of a pattern: Most extremist violence in the U.S. comes from the political right.

‘Numbers don’t lie’​

Over the past decade, the Anti-Defamation League has counted about 450 U.S. murders committed by political extremists.​
Of these 450 killings, right-wing extremists committed about 75 percent. Islamic extremists were responsible for about 20 percent, and left-wing extremists were responsible for 4 percent.​
Nearly half of the murders were specifically tied to white supremacists:

The Right’s Violence Problem
Cp_iUjt_Uss_5dLGT3HVc5vrBF2SFncG5m8SvIUdLmVKB1OSqf0awLIPyc-sDl1Rnev879uQMXL6yYCw9gCSLCEyCHz0ESaw0FYX8BE9yTzjfvRoY9G5ao9OoSOX7XpSF4Q6elV2rPtexy9tMwzS89wVCXIIn24DZtbMfkz-hmQWZqeoYac=s0-d-e1-ft
RLMFAO!

If you want to make this about politics, look at 80% of the prison population that is made up of minorities, constituents of the right, that are commiting the most violent of crimes on a daily basis and while we're at it let's talk about the liberals who voted for bail reform which is also known as the guaranteed repeat offender bill.

How's that working out?

Avenger

Well-Known Angler
RLMFAO!

If you want to make this about politics, look at 80% of the prison population that is made up of minorities, constituents of the right, that are commiting the most violent of crimes on a daily basis and while we're at it let's talk about the liberals who voted for bail reform which is also known as the guaranteed repeat offender bill.

How's that working out?

Don't you just love how they cherry-pick a statistic that justifies their narrative and ignore where the major massacres are occurring?

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DIESEL