1996 Privateer Renegade I/O to Outboard Conversion

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
not sure ..... came pre-installed when I go the tank. I would guess not electronic.
If there's a brand name on the plate let me know please. I'm always looking for a better replacement. From the photo I'm thinking it's this Moeller

As opposed to this one, my nemesis...

At least my current boat has the port directly over the sender. In my previous one, 1/2 the nuts were off the the side, tightening was a 1/4 turn a clip on an open ended wrench using 2 fingers...

Jan 1, 2019
Wasted away in Margaritaville.
I've been looking forward to this, great job, I just hope we even have a season this year.

I had made up my mind a month ago to strip my boat and make a pilot house with a full transom for twin 150 zuk's.

I already did a mockup of the pilot house from pics and help I found online, had a guy from THT send me pics of the one he made. I modeled mine off of his. Considering a new 25' boat cost 80 to 110k or more, spending 40k to build my own boat to my specs is more cost effective, The hull is a 1985 25' Aquasport express fisherman.

I figured I could build the pilot house during the summer and then strip the boat come fall.

22k for the motors, place in FLA is selling them now for 11k, 1500 for the bracket, new 125 gallon tank 1k.
the rest of the cost would be to rebuild the hull.

At least I would know what i had, everything would be new, except the hull, which is in great shape.
Now, I'm not so sure, but I will keep an open mind.
Keep up the great work Capt, you have inspired me.
Jay

Mar 4, 2019
Glendale NY
If there's a brand name on the plate let me know please. I'm always looking for a better replacement. From the photo I'm thinking it's this Moeller

As opposed to this one, my nemesis...

At least my current boat has the port directly over the sender. In my previous one, 1/2 the nuts were off the the side, tightening was a 1/4 turn a clip on an open ended wrench using 2 fingers...
Here is the Manufacturer:
www.wemausa.com

I have this one in the boat for 13 years and no problems and they make it to fit the depth of any tank.

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
There were quite a few holes needing to be filled on the cabin wall and deck. This boat was built for the Chesapeake Bridge and Tunnel Authority to do inspections on the bridge and tunnel system. There were all sorts of specialized equipment mounted when I got it. All removed. Holes filled.

pr73.jpg

pr74.jpg

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Yes .... plywood covering the gas tank has been glassed in. I put foam cut-outs in the holes when I glassed it to make it cleaner (no drips) and easier to open those areas up to put the deck plates in.

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
New vent and fill lines as well as fittings. The new fuel fill needed a smaller hole than the old one. Added a 1/4 " thick fiberglass backer that was drilled to the new smaller size. The vent I installed was a flush fit to stay out of the possible spray. It wouldn't fit where the original was due to interference with the fill hose. Needed a spacer and back up washer to install it. I made both out of the lightweight plastic board.

pr81.jpg

pr86.jpgpr95.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joseph ruopoli