Are you ready for spring!

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Sounds like a good plan, Mitch.
I will be sure not to catch all the Scup in the Peconics before you get there!:)
I appreciate that Mike👍 LOL
So looking forward to those trips from Shinny with my son
Every one is always an adventure
Hoping my Dad is in shape to come with us too🙏🙏

Reactions: Snapprhead27
I finished buffing a few gelcoat repairs I did last fall. Picked up bottom paint and primocon and trilux for the trim tabs.

I have to work on my wife"s car this weekend to get it ready for the end of it's lease. Pull out a few dings, bondo and paint a few dents...but as soon as that's done, all my free time will be spent on the boat. 👍 Hope to be in the water by early April, if the marina is ready. 👍

Feeling really good today as I just completed my 3rd day working down my spring prep list. Got the shrink wrap off on Tuesday and did a little general clean up. Then spent Wed and today polishing all the metal aboard. Man I musty be getting old as the amount of metal hasn't changed but it seems to take me longer to finish that task each year!
Now I have to wait for the marina to turn on the water so I can wash and wax the hull,. Once that is done al the most physically challenging tasks will be behind me and just a laundry list of small but numerous finish work to complete.

BTW, Bimini, the new ramp in Southold, adjacent to Port of Egypt, is moving along nicely. I believe they anticipate completion some time in June. I can't tell yet but it looks like it will have a fairly small parking lot which may not hold any more than 10 cars with trailers. So, if you want to use this ramp better get there early!

Bimini Run

New Angler
May 13, 2020
Feeling really good today as I just completed my 3rd day working down my spring prep list. Got the shrink wrap off on Tuesday and did a little general clean up. Then spent Wed and today polishing all the metal aboard. Man I musty be getting old as the amount of metal hasn't changed but it seems to take me longer to finish that task each year!
Now I have to wait for the marina to turn on the water so I can wash and wax the hull,. Once that is done al the most physically challenging tasks will be behind me and just a laundry list of small but numerous finish work to complete.

BTW, Bimini, the new ramp in Southold, adjacent to Port of Egypt, is moving along nicely. I believe they anticipate completion some time in June. I can't tell yet but it looks like it will have a fairly small parking lot which may not hold any more than 10 cars with trailers. So, if you want to use this ramp better get there early!
Thanks, I sometimes stop in at wego tackle, buddy had a boat across , so I plan to launch, at the ramp during the week, unless I get the pass in southold? Working on boat now, some issues....

• Sad
Reactions: Roccus7
Great stretch of good weather this week and the water is finally turned on at my marina. Spent a good amount of time yesterday filling in a few chips in the glass; nothing bad just normal wear and tear stuff. then got the hull washed so I could tackle the wax job today. Topsides now done, have to finish the wheelhouse and below decks tomorrow then treat the rub rail so she looks nice and spiffy.

Then the long list of small tasks like washing and treating the drop curtains, cleaning and protecting the cockpit bolsters, wiring in a new fan for the wheelhouse so I don't roast on those hot but windy summer days when I can't open the windows, caulk the portholes, clean the head, replace the SW washdown pump, etc., etc.

Then my big reward is this Friday. I need to make the wife happy by cleaning up the yard at home so she can plant her flowers next month while I am fishing. Finally I have to put down 25 bags of mulch. Damn, my back hurts already just thinking about that one! Glad it's supposed to rain on the weekend...I need some rest.:giggle:

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elrockk