I've been using APC UPS systems on my computers, TVs, NAS's and WiFi routers for years. My 40 year old desktop UPS went tits up yesterday, and to bastardize Apocalypse Now, I hate the smell of ozone in the morning..., so it was off to Staples to get a new one.
APC's have had PowerChute programs, a program that is meant to safely shut down and save important files on your computer during a power outage, for years, but I've never seen fit to utilize this because of the following reasons:
Do any of you out there use it? If you do, your thoughts??
APC's have had PowerChute programs, a program that is meant to safely shut down and save important files on your computer during a power outage, for years, but I've never seen fit to utilize this because of the following reasons:
- The house has a standby generator
- The computer has a UPS
- The computer does a full computer every day
Do any of you out there use it? If you do, your thoughts??