Surf reports

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
I always thought the reports were nice to see. I for one did not want any part of standing shoulder to shoulder and wouldn't go there but appreciated that if sand eels were present at RM, maybe just maybe they were also swimming around my town beach well to the west. As others have said, fish do swim. If people complained about the weed making things unfishable, maybe I went deer hunting or mowed my lawn instead that day. When my town beach is crowded around the underpasses, especially with the lazy bait chuckers, lol, I would walk a half a mile or so away. I also appreciate the beaches that do not allow vehicles. (Let the infirm and handicapped go to the beaches that do.) As I have said, I can stand on my porch and figure the wind and maybe if there is a sweep but appreciate reports indicating the run is on or over and whether weed was bad.

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
The water is still ridiculously warm. The bite is going to go well into the end of December.
The air temps compared to the water temps is night and day.

Kona

Angler
Jan 3, 2019
In your eyes. And maybe a few that protected you.
The posted reports caused a few areas that I fish to be overrun, with fools from God knows where parking without permits, parking on private property and turning around on one homeowners’ lawn! They left garbage , disturbed the peace and generally acted like freaking animals. There was no way to fish these spots because of the crowds. There are a group of anglers that has put in countless hours and lost a lot of sleep to figure out the circumstances that turned the bite on , all it took was one guy wandering into the spot, catching a couple of fish and posting it on N’oreast to blow it up. After that happened the report chasers started poking around an area they never would have gone to and found another spot and blew that one up too! I stand by my statement that posted surf reports f it up by bringing in crowds.

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
The posted reports caused a few areas that I fish to be overrun, with fools from God knows where parking without permits, parking on private property and turning around on one homeowners’ lawn! They left garbage , disturbed the peace and generally acted like freaking animals. There was no way to fish these spots because of the crowds. There are a group of anglers that has put in countless hours and lost a lot of sleep to figure out the circumstances that turned the bite on , all it took was one guy wandering into the spot, catching a couple of fish and posting it on N’oreast to blow it up. After that happened the report chasers started poking around an area they never would have gone to and found another spot and blew that one up too! I stand by my statement that posted surf reports f it up by bringing in crowds.
And again, in your eyes. Funny, I think you and I went round and round on this one back on the old site. I think I challenged you when you were whining about the "countless hours of no sleep", meanwhile you were merely waiting for the phone call that Mecox was opened. Ah, let's leave that in the past. It's a terrible thing when people "poke" around in YOUR spot. I know, you own that spot. Get a grip. Many folks lose sleep to fish, not just you!

Anyway, it is not up to me or you to decide. If the site wants to have a robust surf report section, with collaborative learning and squash the negativity, so be it.

If not, well again, not our call!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe trip to Hawaii if that is your plan.

Reactions: pequa1 and cany

Kona

Angler
Jan 3, 2019
And again, in your eyes. Funny, I think you and I went round and round on this one back on the old site. I think I challenged you when you were whining about the "countless hours of no sleep", meanwhile you were merely waiting for the phone call that Mecox was opened. Ah, let's leave that in the past. It's a terrible thing when people "poke" around in YOUR spot. I know, you own that spot. Get a grip. Many folks lose sleep to fish, not just you!

Anyway, it is not up to me or you to decide. If the site wants to have a robust surf report section, with collaborative learning and squash the negativity, so be it.

If not, well again, not our call!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe trip to Hawaii if that is your plan.
Waiting for a phone call about Mecox? “Whining about lack of sleep”? Whatever makes you feel better. Obviously you need the reports and a crowd to find fish , no other reason to be so defensive of them. Happy Thanksgiving

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Waiting for a phone call about Mecox? “Whining about lack of sleep”? Whatever makes you feel better. Obviously you need the reports and a crowd to find fish , no other reason to be so defensive of them. Happy Thanksgiving
Hey, just helping you through this. Finding fish just fine. Amazing, finding them for 35 years.

Last edited:

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Another 19 n you’ll be tgere
Not looking for a pissing contest. How funny. Thanks for the resume snap shot. Actually was talking out loud as I was typing. By the way, I'll never be the angry sharpie you are. In my opinion, I would be a failure in the sport if I became so angry.

Reactions: pequa1

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
this AM, Heading to Robert Moses, at saltwater b&t, picking up some bunker, but da shopman said there’s sanndeels along da beach. Okay,,, fisherman comes in says boy that south west wind on da beach is rough, +15... he did manage 2 bass he said... how’s bout bluefish, he said I haven’t seen bluefish in a while... ok...

Ran back to rockaways beach, wind & surf died down, nutin on bait except spiny dogfish still...

Jettydogs say inlet is stacked wit bunker, nutin underneath though... cellfish...

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Met a guy at a local deli near there and he mentioned that fish have been caught but few keepers from what he saw.

Reactions: CELLFISH

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
this AM, Heading to Robert Moses, at saltwater b&t, picking up some bunker, but da shopman said there’s sanndeels along da beach. Okay,,, fisherman comes in says boy that south west wind on da beach is rough, +15... he did manage 2 bass he said... how’s bout bluefish, he said I haven’t seen bluefish in a while... ok...

Ran back to rockaways beach, wind & surf died down, nutin on bait except spiny dogfish still...

Jettydogs say inlet is stacked wit bunker, nutin underneath though... cellfish...
Oh yes , I did make a run to RM, to see how strong it would be, and yes it was too rough... then headed back rockaways... cellie...

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
pulled up to a bunch of other 4x4 dis morning at smith point with snow mixed in wit rain.. saw the old timers pulling in +6# bluefish, so I snapped my Hopkins 2.5 oz on and started casting... the old timers were out fishing me 5 to 1..

wit the blitz on, he yells to me, put a tube on that Hopkins and it made da difference wit more hook ups..

fun to watch was da big black back gulls gliding at da surf line picking up sandeels at will...
packing up for home, those other fisherman were happy to let me have their share for a total of 15 bluefish or so.
At canal street Chinatown, I opened da hatchback, opened a water hydrant, washed da bluefish off and sold em for $5.00 each...

that all happened +35 years ago today, memories... cellfish...

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julesbefishin