Surf reports

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
pulled up to a bunch of other 4x4 dis morning at smith point with snow mixed in wit rain.. saw the old timers pulling in +6# bluefish, so I snapped my Hopkins 2.5 oz on and started casting... the old timers were out fishing me 5 to 1..

wit the blitz on, he yells to me, put a tube on that Hopkins and it made da difference wit more hook ups..

fun to watch was da big black back gulls gliding at da surf line picking up sandeels at will...
packing up for home, those other fisherman were happy to let me have their share for a total of 15 bluefish or so.
At canal street Chinatown, I opened da hatchback, opened a water hydrant, washed da bluefish off and sold em for $5.00 each...

that all happened +35 years ago today, memories... cellfish...

Today was a repeat of Monday’s blitz, that all happened +35 years ago today, the Wednesday and Monday of thanksgiving eve as a most memorable time.. with a time to be thankful for a fun fishing season, wit time to enjoy the holidays and pack up da poles... cellfish...🙏🇺🇸🎣

Reactions: WhatKnot

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Any scouting being done? Bait? Bunker? I have been stuck at work 6.5 days a week. Will free up soon and start scouting. I have some friends beginning to come out of hibernation. I will share if they get out.

JackPrintMD

Well-Known Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Fire Island Inlet / Islip
I was out at Smiths Point Tues & Thurs.

Nobody but a few walkers on Tuesday, Thurs I saw a guy wadding and casting.

I was casting after a walk with wife while she picked shells.
My penn surf caster rod & reel hauled in some very clean looking weeds but the water is too cold, nothing there.

It was fun, on my walk back the other guy was gone.
He seamed to be doing the same as me, just getting a good feel of it all.

Fun, I have not taken that set up out in years.

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
I was out at Smiths Point Tues & Thurs.

Nobody but a few walkers on Tuesday, Thurs I saw a guy wadding and casting.

I was casting after a walk with wife while she picked shells.
My penn surf caster rod & reel hauled in some very clean looking weeds but the water is too cold, nothing there.

It was fun, on my walk back the other guy was gone.
He seamed to be doing the same as me, just getting a good feel of it all.

Fun, I have not taken that set up out in years.
Thinking of trying demo in a few weeks.

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
My brother in law was out yesterday in Moriches by boat but in areas we fish from the surf. Cold water, no real life noted.

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
Stingrays all over yesterday at Jones, PIA’s… Diamond 💍 Ring in parking lot… gonna get estimate tomorrow… 😆 cellfish…

5C99B947-70EF-41AA-930D-E413C6E4FA58.jpegA38D7FC5-1024-4DC4-A5D4-4106FC6BA3D5.jpeg

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
So, the upcoming weather could be a catalyst for a burst of surf action. Inlet areas, dropping tides, and piles and piles of all kinds of baits in the bay that may leak out with the NE, NNE wind. It is September, you know! :) Of course between deadlines at work, and family items, I will miss this weather event. Just my thoughts. Good luck if anyone can give it a shot.

Attachments

• Weather.jpg
    Weather.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: CELLFISH

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
So, the upcoming weather could be a catalyst for a burst of surf action. Inlet areas, dropping tides, and piles and piles of all kinds of baits in the bay that may leak out with the NE, NNE wind. It is September, you know! :) Of course between deadlines at work, and family items, I will miss this weather event. Just my thoughts. Good luck if anyone can give it a shot.
There's a lot of great info packed in this post. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sfishing2000