The Onancock Chronicles the Eastern shore

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
No.

You haven't pissed me off. However the repeated use of Onacock is rather annoying. It was kinda funny the first couple of dozen times but now it's just getting old & sophomoric.

;)

Old Mud

Angler
Dec 31, 2018
On this side of the lawn
No.

You haven't pissed me off. However the repeated use of Onacock is rather annoying. It was kinda funny the first couple of dozen times but now it's just getting old & sophomoric.

;)
Ok now you got me laughing, I went back and found out that's not the way you spell it. (I spell it) I had no idea there was a N in there. :eek: :)

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
good read about our Littlel Shore.......................

Coastal Renaissance
Revitalization in Cape Charles has helped establish the New Eastern Shore.

“It was like finding a magic portal to the 1950s,” says Dolph. “There were these cool old buildings and the people were just so friendly. It was a warm, tightknit, Mayberry-esque community. And the beach was a hundred yards down the road!”

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
COAST GUARD, U.S. ARMY RESCUES 2 PEOPLE FROM SUBMERGED VESSEL IN CHESAPEAKE BAY

Pictured: A U.S. Coast Guard crewmember from Coast Guard Station Cape Charles, Virginia, observes a submerged vessel in the Chesapeake Bay, June 10, 2019. Soldiers aboard an Army vessel initially found the two survivors in the water after their vessel capsized from foul weather four hours earlier. (U.S. Coast Guard photo by Petty Officer 3rd Class Dylan Wyco)

Portsmouth, Va. — The Coast Guard and the Army rescued two people from the water 6.5 miles west of Fisherman Island, Virginia, Monday night.

Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads initially received the report from soldiers aboard the U.S. Army vessel New Orleans, who had just pulled two people from the water after their 16-foot vessel sank after being swamped by weather four hours earlier.

Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads watchstanders launched a 45-foot Response Boat Medium from Coast Guard Station Cape Charles to respond.

Once on-scene, the Coast Guard crew transferred the two survivors to the response boat and transported them back to Coast Guard Station Cape Charles.

“These people’s vessel sank so fast that they were unable to use their communication devices to call for help,” said Lt. Cdr. Trisha Jantzen, Sector Hampton Roads command center chief. “Thankfully, they were smart enough to already have their life jackets on, which is the number one way to increase your chances of survival in the water. Without the life jackets, these survivors may not have been able to stay afloat for the four hours they were in the water before they were rescued.”
============================
very lucky that Army craft was passing by & spotted them...............

Reactions: Chevy1

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Made the list as one of the Souths best retirement towns.

Onancock : Shore Daily news

"The article states that the town of 1200 was founded in 1680. It points out the Victorian Mansions, access to the Chesapeake Bay, local shops, the Roseland movie theater and several local restaurants.

Onancock isn’t the only Chesapeake Bay Town on the list. It is joined by Easton and Havre de Grace, Maryland. The only other Virginia community to make the list is Abingdon."

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
the Brit's building is on the lower right corner - second one in from the corner - the one with the blue tarps on the roof - spans both blocks

Reactions: Chevy1

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
well - the first meeting of the Southern Branch of the NY Anglers convened at the Island House this evening to partake in their happy hour specials - clams (50 cents a piece), Oysters ($1 a piece), Chicken WIngs (50 cents a piece - went with garlic parmesan as I have a tender stomach) & some brews from the Cape Charles Brewery.

Enjoyed the scenic water views & discussed things.

In attendance were myself & Capt13. We hope to expand the membership shortly with Sandspinner & Macks next time. All in all - a delightful time.

8-)

Reactions: CELLFISH

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Met some neighbors tonite after the meeting ....... one of which is from Commack. I'm liking the "Island House" in Wachapreague. 14 minute drive !

Reactions: Roccus7

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leleya