Nantucket fluke

Johnny205

Angler
Feb 2, 2019
One of the guys on the CT fishing site I belong to goes there a few times a year and does very well. A "smaller" fluke on those trips are in 5-6lb range. I'll found out which boat and post it.

Reactions: BennyV

Johnny205

Angler
Feb 2, 2019
The boat he goes on is The Bounty Hunter,
South Yarmouth, Cape Cod.
Capt. Eric is mentioned, could be the same guy?

Reactions: BennyV

BountyHunter

New Angler
Mar 10, 2019
Well I finally got a chance to join this site. Looks like I am 4 pages of mass confusion behind. First off, I am still running a 6 man boat for Nantucket Shoals Fluke Trips out of Yarmouth. I am SOLD OUT for 2019 season. The vessel replacing the original Bounty Hunter is a 35 RP downeast, REACTION she is a beast of a platform with a 14 x17 cockpit. Plenty of room for the massive amounts of gear the Nantucket Shoals anglers feel compelled to bring.
As for the Big boat, the new Bounty Hunter. As soon as word spread I bought it, Trips were being planned and announced that I was unaware of. The purchase of this vessel has been in the works for a while, upon purchasing it, yes the owner passed away the evening of the sea trial. So yes some info did not get passed on, but I’ve been in this game for a long time, I’ve had a lot of boats, I’m learning all her systems
The old fashion way. Tracing them out. Inspected passenger vessels have certificate of inspections which dictate routes and distance from shore and carrying capacity in which they can operate. With her current paperwork I can not take a straight heading to the grounds. I would be outside my jurisdiction for a bit enroute to the grounds. So I would have to take a dogleg and add extra miles to he run. I know fuel numbers for a moderate cruise speed. Any offshore boat running 70 miles + to the grounds is not going to do it on the pins. To run a one day trips covering over 150 miles would require pushing her along at a good clip. Once I get the bunk room approved, I will be looking to add some Shoals trips for 2020. Until then I am running 11 hr Nomans Land and beyond Jumbo Fluke and Seabass trips to the schedule. These are my old haunts before the Shoals became the hip place to be, we did a lot of Double Digit damage on these grounds over the years. The cat was let out bag a little early on these shoals trips. I will keep ya all posted if I do one or two extended day trips this season.

BennyV

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
Well I finally got a chance to join this site. Looks like I am 4 pages of mass confusion behind. First off, I am still running a 6 man boat for Nantucket Shoals Fluke Trips out of Yarmouth. I am SOLD OUT for 2019 season. The vessel replacing the original Bounty Hunter is a 35 RP downeast, REACTION she is a beast of a platform with a 14 x17 cockpit. Plenty of room for the massive amounts of gear the Nantucket Shoals anglers feel compelled to bring.
As for the Big boat, the new Bounty Hunter. As soon as word spread I bought it, Trips were being planned and announced that I was unaware of. The purchase of this vessel has been in the works for a while, upon purchasing it, yes the owner passed away the evening of the sea trial. So yes some info did not get passed on, but I’ve been in this game for a long time, I’ve had a lot of boats, I’m learning all her systems
The old fashion way. Tracing them out. Inspected passenger vessels have certificate of inspections which dictate routes and distance from shore and carrying capacity in which they can operate. With her current paperwork I can not take a straight heading to the grounds. I would be outside my jurisdiction for a bit enroute to the grounds. So I would have to take a dogleg and add extra miles to he run. I know fuel numbers for a moderate cruise speed. Any offshore boat running 70 miles + to the grounds is not going to do it on the pins. To run a one day trips covering over 150 miles would require pushing her along at a good clip. Once I get the bunk room approved, I will be looking to add some Shoals trips for 2020. Until then I am running 11 hr Nomans Land and beyond Jumbo Fluke and Seabass trips to the schedule. These are my old haunts before the Shoals became the hip place to be, we did a lot of Double Digit damage on these grounds over the years. The cat was let out bag a little early on these shoals trips. I will keep ya all posted if I do one or two extended day trips this season.
Welcome and thanks for the update!

PropellerJohnII

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
LNB
Welcome aboard Bounty. Last year , some dudes in a high end tackle shop where I patronize were all excited about a Nantucket fluke trip they were going on .Could have been u . Wow,, sold out for 2019. Sounds like u don't need luck. 💪👍. CIAO, John.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Optimum II