Jigs For Seabass?

DarthBaiter

Angler
Jan 10, 2019
Living in Joisey, boating in the Sound
It's lg mouth bass rig.
A sinker at the bottom and a hook tied directly on the shock leader. No snelled leader on the hook.
Every little twitch from the rod goes right to the jerk bait.

I tie one and post a pic here when I get home tonite.

Lol Pete beat me to it.

They use it in Korea for fluke. It keeps the hook from snagging the rocky bottom they fish for fluke.

Reactions: Snapprhead27

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
They use it in Korea for fluke. It keeps the hook from snagging the rocky bottom they fish for fluke.”.

And that’s why the B/S Rig uses a mere 2-3” dropper loop!

Hey, maybe I’m part Korean! I love the food, but sometimes it doesn’t love me! But only sometimes.

Reactions: Chinacat

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018

DarthBaiter

Angler
Jan 10, 2019
Living in Joisey, boating in the Sound
So what's the advantage of tying it that way instead of on a "dropper loop"??
Every twitch from the rod tip goes directly to the jerkbait instead of to the dropper loop then what ever lenght the snelled leader is before it moves the bait.

If the jerk bait is a few inches away from the main leader, some of the rod movement doesn't even move the jerkbait.

Reactions: Chinacat
Stepping back to the suggestion of using the Shimano Lucanas Flat Fall jig for Sea Bass.
I just saw a sale offered by a vendor who often sells through e-bay.

Company name is Fisherman's Source. I just got an e-mail from them offering these jigs at a very low $4.99 each, Sizes and colors are somewhat limited but if they have a style you like this seems like an excellent deal to me.

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Stepping back to the suggestion of using the Shimano Lucanas Flat Fall jig for Sea Bass.

Company name is Fisherman's Source. I just got an e-mail from them offering these jigs at a very low $4.99 each, Sizes and colors are somewhat limited but if they have a style you like this seems like an excellent deal to me.
Thanks for the heads up Mike👍

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip

Thank Capt! Probably going to pick up some 150-180g jigs

Tigashrk

Angler
Mar 3, 2019
Thanks, I never used em before. But earlier in the thread someone mentioned to crank up about 10 times nice and slow and then let it fall again
Snapprhead that’s all you have to do. Drop to bottom and slowly reel up, they claim you can’t reel to slow. 10 times is kind of a ballpark, sometimes when I’m working the bottom it might be only 8 other times it 12. You’ll get a feel for it. I’ve caught cbass, porgy, cod, fluke and bluefish on them. Here‘s a trip around BIock Island in late September only using flat falls. Quick easy two man limit, and they help with not catching the tiny cbass and porgy like on bait. Never mind the mess of bait either. 7623ECF1-DB42-4BA6-B858-8ADA951985F7.jpeg

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James