1996 Privateer Renegade I/O to Outboard Conversion

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Done with the sanding on the deck Don, got half of it primed. I worked on the modification to the cabin today, so it has a step down.

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Even though I scrubbed the deck with soap and water, there were a couple of hard grease spots that I missed. When I was taping for the no-skid coat, I noticed these dark spots. The primer just scraped away and I was left with this very sticky grease. Tried simple green and acetone, no good. Brake cleaner dissolved them away. Sanded the area and painted. It seems to have done the trick.

pr120a.jpg

pr119.jpg

pr121.jpg

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Started work on transom gunnel. Lined up the original holes. The original must not have lined up very well because it looks like I have quite a bit of work ahead to make it look like it was all one piece. The original had the gap filled with white sealant of some type. I taped the joints and then filled with thickened epoxy with a heavy dose of chopped strand glass mixed in.

pr125c.jpg

pr126.jpgpr125a.jpg

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
That's true ...... but I will certainly enjoy seeing it on the lift in the backyard as well! I'm sure you still get the warm fuzzies knowing a trip across your back yard is all it takes to hop on your boat.

:) (y)
Truer words have never been spoken!!!

It's a living "Life Is Good" T-shirt scene, one I hope to live out in 30 min or so if this damn wind would drop 10 kts...

Reactions: Capt13